Expedition Nevado Chopicalqui (6354 m)
About Chopicalqui Peak: Chopicalqui is the third peak of the Huascarán Massif, also located in the Cordillera Blanca, between the two peaks of Huascarán and Contrahierbas. With an elevation of 6,345 meters, it is the fifth highest mountain in the department (administrative region) of Ancash, and the fourth highest in the Cordillera Blanca. It is a demanding mountain with some technical climbing and this requires previous climbing experience.
Ascent of Chopicalqui (20,847 ft.)/(6354 m) via the classic Southwest Ridge, On the summit of Chopicalqui many consider this to be the best view in the Cordillera Blanca.
Chopicalqui is appropriate for people with significant experience and alpine skills – managing rope and crampons on snow and ice walls and with good safety technique. In some years there can be steep sections of ice climbing that require the use of two ice axes and previous experience in their use is recommended.
Day 1: Huaraz (3100 m) - Transfer via Quebrada Llanganuco - Trekking to Chopicalqui Base Camp (4350 m) - Continuing Ascend to Chopicalqui Moraine Camp (4900 m)
After breakfast we begin to prepare our mountaineering equipment; Huaraz (3100 m) – Transfer via Quebrada Llanganuco – Trekking to Chopicalqui Base Camp (4350 m) – Continuing Ascend to Chopicalqui Moraine Camp (4900 m), with our private transport which will take 3-3.5 hours and the climb to Moraine Camp of Chopicalqui trekking up which will take 5 hours.
Overnight Camp (-/L/D)
Chopicalqui is a demanding mountain, and the culmination of our expedition. Climb to the summit. There are seracs and crevasses to cross and sections of technical walls to climb. On the final section we have some 8-10 meters of 75º -80º slope. Descend to High Camp or Moraine Camp and continue to Base Camp. 10-13 hours today.
Overnight Camp (B/L/D)
Today we prepare to leave early, from Moraine Camp or Base Camp to the highway, where we find our private bus. Now is the time to say goodbye to the Llanganuo Valley. Lodging at the hotel in Huaraz.
Overnight Hotel (B/L/D)
Included meals: B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner
Services included in the prices:
- Peruvian qualified and experienced local guide/s
- All meals during the tour
- Camping tents (2 persons)
- Porters Chopicalqui (2 pax 1 porter)
- 1 Cook and helper (from 6 pax )
- Kitchen equipment
- Transportation as tour schedule / Huaraz
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal expenses
- Acclimatization Tour
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Donkey driver and donkeys
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Domestic flight Airline ticket LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Personal equipment (such as boots, ice ax, crampons, harness, sleeping bag, mat, Goretex, etc.)
Prices & Dates
From / To
20.06. – 23.06.2023
18.08. – 21.08.2023
» Additional dates available upon request
» Rates may vary from July 26th to 31th for the national holidays
Prices (per person):
1 pax: 1.500,00 USD
2 pax: 850,00 USD
4 pax: 800,00 USD
6 pax: 750,00 USD
8 pax: 650,00 USD
10 pax: 600,00 USD
12 pax: 580,00 USD
14 pax: 550,00 USD
15 pax: 500,00 USD / Contact us!
Deposit for reservations: * 850,00 USD (760,00 EUR) ✓ Full payment 40 days before. No refund if you cancel less than 30 days!
Trip-code: Number ►PE-210
Duration: 04 days
Participants: Minimal: 2 Maximal: 12
Members: We don’t have an open group to join – We can open a new group – Contact us!
Country / Location: Northern Peru
Mountain Guide: Octavio Salazar Obregon
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
3% early bird discount when booking 6 months prior to departure 2023
EZZ Single room supplement
🟢 On this trip, places are still available.
🟡 On this trip, only a few places left.
🔴 This trip is sold out / closed.