Inca Trail 2023
Inca trail, the most amazing Inca path over the mountains, in a path of landscapes of indescribable Andean beauty that runs throughout the days of this adventure, archaeological centers that can only be reached by it; that is a little part of the Inca Trail. With a controlled capacity of visitors, per month and per year, there is no visitor who does not want to visit it.
Machu Picchu was connected with the imperial city of Cusco and with the rest of the Inca empire through paths of excellent structure, with ergonomic design, were built in strict harmony with the natural environment and have great aesthetics in its construction. Many of the roads are ledges on the edge of the abyss and are surrounded by beautiful landscapes with lush and varied vegetation. In some sections the path is carved directly into the rock. The Inca Trail to Machu Picchu is considered one of the most spectacular trekking routes on the planet and is the best known of the Inca trails.So ready to know about this incredible route? Know everything about the Inca Trail, and the most important part of this article, how to book your tickets to Inca Trail 2023!!!
THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU.
The Inca Trail was revealed to the world in 1915 when it was being excavated in the Inca City. Three decades later, the route was traced by the Viking expedition in 1942. Today, thousands of visitors decide to travel the 43 kilometers to the ‘Sun Gate’ in Machu Picchu. However,The Inca Citadel of Machu Picchu is not the only archaeological site you will see on the Inca Trail. On the way you will also appreciate:
- the ruins of Llactapata,
- the archaeological site of Runkurakay,
VERSIONS OF THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU:
Did you hear about the other option of hiking the Inca Trail? Yes!!, not many travelers have the necessary days to travel the Inca Trail (4 days and 3 nights). That is why there are 2 versions depending on the time that is counted, and also short INca Trail visits some of the archeological sites!! Reason why many choose this option once tickets to the Classic Inca Trail are sold out:
- Classic Inca Trail: 4 days and 3 nights (43 kilometers of hiking).
- Short Inca Trail: 2 days and 1 night (12 kilometers of walk).
WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO TRAVEL THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU?
- From May to September (dry season) is the ideal time to travel the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu. These months are usually good for the crossing due to the infrequent rainfall.
- In the months of November to March the summer (rainy season) occurs. This time is usually very rainy, which makes walking and access difficult. Even, you can not travel the Inca Trail in February due to rainfall and maintenance work.
ABOUT TICKETS TO ENTER THE INCA TRAIL:
Due to the high demand for tickets, you must get entrance tickets to the Inca Trail a long time in advance (6 months). The purchase is made only through the Internet through the website of an authorized tourism agency. In total 500 people enter the trails of the Inca Trail every day. Of them, only 200 are tourists. The rest is support staff such as cooks, porters, guides. The ticket to enter the Inca Trail includes the support staff.
- Did not find availability to do the Inca Trail? The only way to enter the Wonder of the World is by train through the Sacred Valley of the Incas or through the alternative route from Santa Maria to Machu Picchu. Entrance tickets to Machu Picchu must also be reserved in advance.
INCA TRAIL PERMITS 2023
The Inca Trail is one of the best treks on the planet. That is why there is a great demand for tickets. The principal reason why you must reserve your income well in advance. Take into account the following before booking the ticket to the Inca Trail:
- The income to the Inca Trail is exhausted 6 months before. Remember that only 500 people can travel this route every day.
- Only 200 people will end up entering Machu Picchu in this way, since the rest belong to the support team, chefs, porters and guides.
- The entrance to the Inca Trail only includes the Inca City of Machu Picchu. If you want to tour the Machu Picchu Mountain or the Huayna Picchu; ask for it at the tourist agency.
- The purchase of the income to the Inca Trail is through the website of an authorized tourism agency like us.
WHAT INFORMATION WE NEED FOR MAKE YOUR BOOKING?
If you want to start booking now your Inca Trail ticket permition 2023, we can help you!! Please just send us a message to [email protected] and we will help you Our team will be ready to obtain your permits as soon as they are available. Once we have your permits, we will send you a confirmation email with the exact dates in which you wish to start the adventure.
- Full name (as it appears on the passport):
- Passport number: NOTE If you are in the process of renewing your passport, send us your old passport information and we can update later with your new passport.
- Birth Date:
RECOMMENDATIONS ON THE INCA TRAIL TO MACHU PICCHU:
- The Inca Trail runs through high Andean landscapes where the ‘altitude sickness’ or ‘soroche’ is manifested. It is recommended to spend 1 or 2 days in the city of Cusco to acclimatize.
- During the 4 days of the Inca Trail there is no electricity or telephone network. If the visitor needs to be ‘connected’, he must take precautions.
- The hygienic services are camps conditioned for that purpose.
- The Inca Trail is considered a moderate difficulty. It is advised to be in an acceptable physical condition. A previous week of exercises will be enough.
- If you do not get availability for the Inca Trail, you can choose to get to Machu Picchu through the Salkantay route.