Arrival in Cuzco (3399 m) - Meet and transfer from airport to Hotel. Complimentary
Enjoy Cuzco city - Optional: Sacred Valley Tour: Visit Pisac ruins, Pisac Market and Ollantaytambo Fortress
From Cuzco transport - Trekking to Huayllabamba (3000 m)
Huayllabamba - Trekking to Pacaymayu (3900 m)
Pacaymayu (3900 m) - Trekking Wiñaywayna (2600 m)
Wiñaywayna - Trekking to Machu picchu (2450 m) - Huaynapicchu (2720 m) - Transfer Tren to Cuzco
City Cuzco - Flight to Lima (161 m) - Back Home or extension Cordilllera Blanca, Huayhuash other tour in Peru
» For further information see Downloads.
» Detailprogramm-Peru [DOC/PDF] 2018
» Weather Forecast-Peru
» Location on Google Maps-Peru
Day 1: Arrival in Cuzco (3399 m) - Meet and transfer from airport to Hotel
Arrival in Cuzco. Meet and transfer from airport to Hotel. Complimentary. Optional: City Tour where we visit the Cathedral, Koricancha, Sacsayhuaman, Kenko, Puca Pucara and Tambomachay. City tour add $ 25 p.person Min 4 person. Evening : at 18:00 pm Meeting with Inca Trail guide to review details on your trek. Overnight Hotel (B/-/-)
Day 2: Optional : Sacred Valley Tour: Visit Pisac ruins, Pisac Market and Ollantaytambo Fortress
Enjoy Cuzco city. Optional : Sacred Valley Tour: Visit Pisac ruins, Pisac Market and Ollantaytambo Fortress. Add $39 p.person Min 4 person Or River Rafting $45.00. Overnight Hotel (B/-/-)
Day 3: From Cuzco transport - Trekking to Huayllabamba (3000 m)
We pick you from your hotel and drive towards to Km 82 (2650 m) where we collect the porters to commence walking, via Urubamba Valley. From km 82 we cross the raging Vilcanota river. Walking in the shadow of snow-capped Mount Veronica ( 5680 m). We stop for lunch. We complete 6 hours of gentle hiking by reaching the first campsite by the river at Huayllabamba (3000 m). Overnight Camp (B/L/D)
Day 4: Huayllabamba - Trekking to Pacaymayu (3900 m)
This second day is the most arduous of our journey. After a nice breakfast we commence by ascending to Warmihuañusca ( Dead Women ) pass ( 4200 m). This change of altitude means that we will pass through three separate ecological zones during the day : Quechua, Yunga and Puna ( from valleys with trees, through high pasture, to arid grassless are as short of the snowline ). The ascent of over (1,200 m) to the first pass earns magnificent views. Descending from this superb vantage point we pass waterfalls before making camp at Pacaymayu.(3550 m). We complete 8 hours hiking. Overnight Camp (B/L/D)
Day 5: Pacaymayu (3900 m) - Trekking Wiñaywayna (2600 m)
The day starts with the pass of Runkuracay (3900 m) where we see an Inca watchtower. Then we continue to the Inca ruins at Sayacmarca (a small maze like ruin built above a sheer cliff ) and, passing through a rock tunnel, we reach Phuyupatamarca ( City above the clouds) (3600 m), a beautiful set of linked stone baths still supplied by mountain streams. From this area, we should achieve views of Mt.Salkantay (6271 m), one of two most sacred peaks to the Incas. The descent down from the third pass (3600 m) is by a continuous set of steps (over 2300 of them), into cloud-forest, to our last campsite. From here a short walk takes us to the impressive ruins of Wiñaywayna (2600 m). The extra relaxation time provided here allows us to recoup our strength to make an early start the next day and maximize the experience of Machupicchu. We complete 7 hours. Overnight Camp (B/L/D)
Day 6: Wiñaywayna - Trekking to Machu picchu (2450 m) - Huaynapicchu (2720 m) - Transfer Tren to Cuzco
A pre-dawn breakfast allows us to ascend to Intipuncu (the sun-gate) (2750 m) where we may observe the sunrise over Machupicchu (2450 m) After taking in this memorable view we descend to the site for a guided tour, starting before the crowds arrive by train from Cusco.We complete 3 hours hike. There should be 6 to 7 hours available to spend in this unique archaeological site, allowing ample opportunities to explore on your own. Those not yet tired of heights might like to climb Huaynapicchu for an unparalleled view of the lost city of the Incas ( add $ 65 require to make reservation in advance). I am working on building in a chance to visit endangered Andean Bears at the Inka Terra Sanctuary nearby. At the nearby town of the same name we take the afternoon train for Cusco. Transfer to your hotel . B.(2,750 – 2450 mts). Overnight Hotel (B/-/-)
Day 7: City Cuzco - Flight to Lima (161 m) Back Home
The end of the trip, if you are interested to extension tour in Peru: Cordillera Blanca, Cordillera Huyahuash or in South America Overnight --- (B/-/-)
- Contact Us!
1) Included meals: B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner
Services included in the prices:
- Acommodation in Cusco x 3 nights
- Breakfast is included in Hotel rate
- Private Tourist bus from Cusco to Km 82 (initial point) we pick you up from your hotel
- Professional Inca Explorers English Speaking guide (with license)
- Entrance fee to the Inca Trail Park and to Machupicchu ($ 98.00)
- Specialized Cook + assistant
- Nutritious, delicious meals with fresh, high quality ingredients, high in energy value and prepared carefully to avoid illness. 3 Breakfast, 3 Lunch, 3 Dinner, & drinks
- Happy Hour with Machu Tea -every afternoon
- Warm water each morning to wash yourselves
- Boiled Purified Water after breakfast to refill your water bottles
- Camping Equipment : two person tent - 3 season (brands The North Face, REI)
- Tent for kitchen, tent for dinning , mattresses, camping stools, camping tables and cooking gear, oxygen, first- Aid – Kit
- Fairly treated Porters carry the camping equipment, tents, food, cooking gear, dining tents.
- Extra porters to carry your duffel bag this includes your sleeping bags. Max 6 kilos p.p (clients carry a day pack with essencial belongings)
- Health and Insurance for our porters, cooks, assistants, field crew and Inca Explorers staff
- Bus from Machupicchu down to Aguas Calientes ( 25’ )
- Afternoon tourist train/Bus to Cusco – Expedition class
- Transfer from train station to Hotel
- Meals not mentioned in the program (example: dinners in Cuzco)
- Entry fee to Huaynapicchu Mt.( add $65.00). **Require to make reservations in advance
- Sleeping bag Add $ 20.00 (for the whole trip, sleeping bags are from down and feather)
- If you want to upgrade your train to Vistadome Class or to an earlier train $ 40.00 p.p
- Extra personal expenses
- Internal Flights, insurance. Visas. Cancellation fees
- Excursion to the Sacred Valley ,City Tour in Cusco, River Rafting
American Buffet breakfast
City Tour Includes: Private Tourist transport, professional English speaking guide
Visitors pass $ 53.00
To make your reservations we require the following information:
- Important: Important - Under current park regulations, trek permits are sold on a first come/first served basis, and are limited to 500 persons per day, including passengers, guides, cooks and porters.
We would recommend you to make your reservations as far in advance as possible, popular dates from April to August 2017 get book early.
1. Online with a Credit Card:
- ** your full name as it appears on your passport
- ** your nationality
- **passport number
- ** date of birth
- ** If student you must send scan your ISIC Card current from 2017
- ** If you required to hire extra porter to carry your personal day belongings ( we need to reserve their spaces as well)
- **Deposit of 500.00 per person of the tour price in advance. You may want to charge on your credit Card Visa (we only take Visa Card)
- **Remain balance will be paid upon arrival in Cusco
(Visa, AMEX, MasterCard). For the "Giving Option," you need to select 100% so we receive the full funds
2. Mail a Check:
Payable to "Climb for Conservation, Inc.
» Climb for Conservation, Inc
PO Box 4971
Aspen, CO 81612
Extra excursions in Cusco with local partner travel agency:
(You can pay for these separately upon arrival in Cuzco)
City tour in Cusco:
Everyday 13:00 - 18:00 pm
$ 25.00 Min 4 ✓
In the early afternoon enjoy the Cusco city tour that includes the visit to impressive Incan temples & ceremonial sites around Cusco city like; Sacsayhuaman (Temple of the lightning ) with its incredible-precise stone work and its megalithic constructions, the amphitheatre of Qénko, Puka Pukara and Tambo Machay ( temple dedicated to the water). Then Visit the Cathedral and the Koricancha, the holiest Incan ritual site in the area. With it finest stone work . Return to your hotel and free time at leisure to explore the city its picturesque streets, souvenirs shops, splendid Cusco restaurants.
Sacred Valley of the Incas:
Daily departure 08:30 - 18:30 pm
$ 39.00 p.p Min 4 Pax ✓
After breakfast we travel to the Sacred Valley of the Incas, the amazing landscapes and Andean mountains views accompany us in our journey, as we see traditional villages, farming scenes & colorful clotting. Then we descend to the sacred Valley of the Incas and note that Incan people found in this as a paradise for farming and develop advanced irrigation techniques. Later in Pisac town on a side of the Urubamba River visit the Pisac traditional food market and the handy crafts market, and the site above this town from where you have a amazing view of all the Valley.
We continue along the Valley and reach Urubamba where you can have lunch ( this is on your own)Afternoon we go toward to Ollantaytambo Village an authentic Inca living town we ascend to The Ollantaytambo ruins an outstanding ritual site, formed by enormous beautifully carved stones and wonder how come they could transport megalithic blocks at such a location. Enjoy of the same impressive views over the valley. Later it was used as a fortress by Manco Inca Yupanqui in the final inca’s rebellion against the Spanish invasion. We return to Cusco.
River Rafting at Urubamba river:
The Urubamba river runs from the high Andean ranges down through the Sacred Valley of the Incas, past Machupicchu and into the jungle. It has some exciting white water depending on the section of the river being done and the time of the year. One of our most popular rafting sections during the season is the "Cusipata" section of the river on the Upper Urubamba. There are good class IIl rapids and the water is not contaminated, as unfortunately the Sacred Valley of the Incas sections of the river are.
We pick you up at your hotel , after one and a half hours drive we arrive to the put -in at the shores of the Upper Urubamba River, at "CASA CUSI" our private campground. Our professional Rafting Guides will give you a safety talk and provide you with all the proper equipment for Rafting. We would be floating for approximately two and a half hours, running class II and III , introductory type rapids. Afterwards , we arrive to the take-out where our private bus will be waiting for us to take us back to CASA CUSI, where a hot Sauna will be waiting and a full course lunch will be provided. Our return to Cusco should be around 5 in the afternoon
$ 45.00 p.person ✓
This trip is running with our partner - All coordinations with: » www.climbforconservation.org
- Transportation from Cusco to the put-in at the River
- All the rafting equipment, such as Helmet , Life jacket, paddle, self bailing Raft
- Spray Jacket, wet Suit
- Professional English speaking Rafting guide
- Delicious lunch
- Transportation back from the River
Prices & Dates
March to December - All year on request
Dates & Prices:
From / To
11.06. - 17.06.2018 "Tour Leaders Jessie Halter & Ginna Kelly"
» Book this trip 6 months prior!
» Additional dates available upon request
» Rates may vary from July 26th to 31th for the national holidays
Prices (per person): * 2.000,00 USD ✓
Deposit for reservations: * 500,00 USD (470,00 EUR) ✓ deposit due by January 1, 2017, Full payment balance due by June 1, 2017, 17 days before. No refund if you cancel less than 30 days!
Places: 11.06. - 17.06.2018
Trip-code: ►Code-number (PE-105) ✓
Duration: 07 days
Participants: Minimal: 6 Maximal: 20
Members: We have some people confirmed - join in our group / Contact us!
Country / Location: Inca Trail to Machu Picchu the best in the South of Peru
Tour Guide: Jessie Halter & Ginna Kelly from USA
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
Ginna is the Founder & President of Climb for Conservation, Inc.
(C4C) Ginna is a licensed Attorney and formerly the Vice President and General Counsel for AREI, Inc. Ginna started C4C to inspire others to climb mountains for a good cause. Ginna is currently a Master’s student at Yale and has a law degree from William & Mary. Co-Founder, Esq.& President
» Read more...
Eric Raul Albino Lliuya
Expert guide certified AGOMP
General Sales Manager, Peru Expeditions
» Read more...
3% early bird discount when booking 6 months prior to departure 2018
EZZ - Single room supplement
On this trip, places are still available.
On this trip, only a few places left.
This trip is sold out / closed.
More Info »