Trekking Laguna Wilcacocha over (3725 m)
Trekking to Laguna Wilcacocha: Beautiful lagoon located southwest of the city of Huaraz, this lake is located in the Cordillera Negra, in the Black Mountains. This circuit offers beautiful panoramic view of the Cordillera Blanca and the valley of Huaylas, is a perfect trekking circuit to acclimatize and climb a snowy Cordillera Blanca.
Description: The lagoon is located at (3725 m) altitude in the Cordillera Negra and is an exceptional viewpoint of the Cordillera Blanca, allowing to identify a large number of peaks as the Nevados Huandoys, Nevado Huascaran, Nevado Chopicalqui, Nevado Vallunaraju, Nevado Ocshapalca, Nevado Ranrapalca, Nevado Churup, Nevado Chinchey, Nevado Huatzan, Nevado Cashan, Nevado Shacsha, Nevado Pucaraju, Nevado Muruaraju, Nevado Caullaraju, etc. The magnificent panorama makes this nice and quiet ride, a highly recommended activity. His proviende Quechua name, Willca-Nieto and Cocha-Laguna. We taking public transport in Huaraz to the bridge of Santa Cruz and there take the road up to the village of the same name without loss reaches the lagoon.
Day 1: Huaraz (3100 m) - Public transport to Puente Santa Cruz - Trekking Hike Cordillera Negra to Laguna Wilcacocha (3725 m) - Return to Huaraz
From Huaraz our guide will pick up you at 8.00. After walking to the Market central where you will get the Public transport to go until Puente Santa Cruz (Chihuipampa bridge), 7 kilometers from the city of Huaraz. From this point begins our ascent in a zig-zag towards Willcacocha, walk about 2 and ½ hours approximately. Arriving observe the scenic beauty of the lagoon surrounded by cattails plants, bunch grass and queñual, also we see wild ducks, aquatic animals, species of birds (eagle, hawk). This area is a natural viewpoint of the Cordillera Blanca, we will have panoramic views of the snowy: Nevado Huascaran, Nevado Chopicalqui, Nevado Hualcán, Nevado Copa, Nevado Vallunaraju, Nevado Ocshapalca, Nevado Ranrapalca, Nevado Palcaraju, Nevado Churup. We will stay one hour to visit the lagoon, enjoy the scenery, take pictures, an easy hike about 3 hours with great views of nature, after enjoy our day return to Huaraz.
Overnight Hotel (-/-/-)
Included meals: B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner
Services included in the prices:
- Transport private to start point to hike and viceverse
- Official trekking guide
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Pick up at your hotel (at 8:00am)
- First aid kit and oxygen (if necessary)
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Transport public bus or Domestic flight Airline LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima or other hotel
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz or other hotel
- Personal expenses
- Box Lunch (amount depends on you)
- Personal equipment (such as clothes while traveling in the vehicle and hiking. But to be in the sheltered lagoon and hats with earflaps attire is required, hiking shoes, sometimes waterproof/goretex if its rainy season, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, camera, hat or sun hat, sports drinks or water (2 liters approx), etc.)
Prices & Dates
» Rates may vary from July 26th to 31th for the national holidays
Prices (per person):
1 pax: 80,00 USD
2 pax: 40,00 USD
4 pax: 35,00 USD
6 pax: 30,00 USD
8 pax: 28,00 USD
10 pax: 25,00 USD
12 pax: 20,00 USD
14 pax: 18,00 USD
15 pax: 15,00 USD / Contact us!
Rates trekking guides: » Walking or trekking guide in english 65,00 USD
Private taxi: » Round trip 40,00 USD
Deposit for reservations: * 35.00 USD (31.00 EUR) ✓ Full payment 30 days before. No refund if you cancel less than 20 days!
Trip-code: Number ►PE-000
Duration: 01 day
Participants: Minimal: 2 Maximal: 15 to 20 people +
Members: We have shared transportation so every day there is a group open to join – Contact us!
Country / Location: Northern Peru
Mountain Guide: Edwin Albino Lliuya or Elmer Albino Lliuya
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
3% early bird discount when booking 6 months prior to departure 2023
EZZ Single room supplement
🟢 On this trip, places are still available.
🟡 On this trip, only a few places left.
🔴 This trip is sold out / closed.