Trekking Laguna Churup Adventure over (4450 m)
Trekking to Laguna Churup: With private vehicule we head towards Pitec ,check point of Huscaran National Park; after we start our trek by ascenting a zigzag trail to laguna ; we scramble small boulder; after short stop we reach laguna Churup; we relax, take plenty of photos and descent same route approx.2h to Pitec where our transport to huaraz awaits us.
Laguna Churup is located 20 km east from Huaraz on the way to Llupa and Pitec; one of the most beautifull and popular to visit. From Pitec you have to hike approx. 2-3h ( 3,5 km) to reach this turquiose lake. The trek to Lake Churup is very popular and close to Huaraz but is not so easy to evoke . For that reason leaving early is the best option. You can enoy your own pace and rest when you need to; another option in camping on the shore of the lake when you have time and all necessary aquipment.
Day 1: Huaraz (3100 m) - Privat transport to Pitec (3850 m) - Trekking Hike to Laguna Churup (4450 m)
The trail to Laguna Churup is one of the classic hikes of the Cordillera Blanca, challenging but a great acclimatization route. We drive to the village of Llupa, and from there begin our hike on an ancient Inca trail to Laguna (Lake) Churup. The trail gets narrow and steep, including a small section with fixed ropes. It‘s one of the most beautiful places in this varied mountain region. Churup Peak rises above the lake, a wild rocky mountain with glaciers and cliffs 5,400 meters above sea level. Here we can continue climbing and do a loop to the Churup summit trail before returning to the trailhead and back to Huaraz for the night.
Overnight Hotel (-/-/-)
Included meals: B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner
Services included in the prices:
- Transport private to start point to hike and viceverse
- Official trekking guide
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Pick up at your hotel (between 6:30 to 7:00 am aprox)
- First aid kit and oxygen (if necessary)
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Transport public bus or Domestic flight Airline LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima or other hotel
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz or other hotel
- Personal expenses
- Box Lunch (amount depends on you)
- Personal equipment (such as clothes while traveling in the vehicle and hiking. But to be in the sheltered lagoon and hats with earflaps attire is required, hiking shoes, sometimes waterproof/goretex if its rainy season, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, camera, hat or sun hat, sports drinks or water (2 liters approx), etc.)
Prices & Dates
» Rates may vary from July 26th to 31th for the national holidays
Prices (per person):
1 pax: 130,00 USD
2 pax: 65,00 USD
4 pax: 60,00 USD
6 pax: 55,00 USD
8 pax: 40,00 USD
10 pax: 35,00 USD
12 pax: 30,00 USD
14 pax: 28,00 USD
15 pax: 25,00 USD / Contact us!
Rates trekking guides: » Walking or trekking guide in english 65,00 USD
Private taxi: » Round trip 50,00 USD
Deposit for reservations: * 65.00 USD (57.00 EUR) ✓ Full payment 30 days before. No refund if you cancel less than 20 days!
Trip-code: Number ►PE-000
Duration: 01 day
Participants: Minimal: 2 Maximal: 15 to 20 people +
Members: We have shared transportation so every day there is a group open to join – Contact us!
Country / Location: Northern Peru
Mountain Guide: Edwin Albino Lliuya or Elmer Albino Lliuya
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
3% early bird discount when booking 6 months prior to departure 2023
EZZ Single room supplement
🟢 On this trip, places are still available.
🟡 On this trip, only a few places left.
🔴 This trip is sold out / closed.