Trekking Puya Raimondi-Pastoruri Adventure over (5000 m)
Nevado Pastoruri: Located south of Huaraz in the city of Pachacoto in the Huascaran National Park. the cities of Recuay, Ticapampa and Cátac is roamed, then the lagoon Patococha be visited, carbonated waters Pumapampa, water seven colors of Pumapashimin, the famous Andean Puya Raimondi plant, cave paintings and finally the snowy Pastoruri where snow sports practiced. The Pastoruri snow, for many, a natural space tourist attraction with snow, in recent years experienced a decrease in flow of visitors due to the significant decline of its glacier mass, above ideal for practices adventure sport and recreation. Pastoruri: Route Climate Change in the Sector-Region Carpa Huascaran National Park Áncash therefore the need to solve that problem with the conditioning project Tourist Circuit is generated. That level of pre-investment study was approved and declared feasible on 17 September 2010 and civil works culminated in June this year.
This initiative is the result of a joint effort between the Department of Protected Natural Areas by the State (Sernanp), the Ministry of Tourism through the Copesco Plan, the District Municipality of Cátac and the Rural Community of Cátac.
The renewed route is the new tourist proposal presented in a protected area, with fossilized remains of flora and fauna that inhabited for thousands or perhaps millions of years, and today blend perfectly with the environmental services provided by the Park national Huascaran, including its hydrological potential, generating quantity and quality of water in the area.
Day 1: Huaraz (3100 m) - Privat transport to Ticapampa - Catac - Quebrada Pachacoto - Carbonated Waters - Puya Raimondi (4300 m) - Culture Cave Painting - Nevado Pastoruri (5000 m) - Return to Huaraz
We pick up you at 9:00 a.m: Tourism unforgettable adventure, knowing Recuay (Portico of the Callejon de Huaylas), Ticapampa, Cátac, the Quebrada de Pachacoto, Laguna Patococha, the source of carbonated water Pumapampa, stands of Puya Raimondi (the most beautiful example of high plant Andean), the source of Pumapashimin takes different colors depending on the position of the sun, rock painting. Finally we walk about 1 hour to reach the snowy Pastoruri, where you can enjoy mountain of snow, ice caves, frozen lagoon, etc. We will return approximately about at 5:30 pm – Arrival in Huaraz.
Overnight Hotel (-/-/-)
Included meals: B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner
Services included in the prices:
- Transport private to start point to hike and viceverse
- Official trekking guide
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Pick up at your hotel (at 9:00 am aprox)
- First aid kit and oxygen (if necessary)
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Transport public bus or Domestic flight Airline LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima or other hotel
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz or other hotel
- Personal expenses
- Box Lunch (amount depends on you)
- Personal equipment (such as clothes while traveling in the vehicle and hiking. But to be in the sheltered lagoon and hats with earflaps attire is required, hiking shoes, sometimes waterproof/goretex if its rainy season, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, camera, hat or sun hat, sports drinks or water (2 liters approx), etc.)
Prices & Dates
» Rates may vary from July 26th to 31th for the national holidays
Prices (per person):
1 pax: 140,00 USD
2 pax: 65,00 USD
4 pax: 60,00 USD
6 pax: 55,00 USD
8 pax: 50,00 USD
10 pax: 45,00 USD
12 pax: 40,00 USD
14 pax: 35,00 USD
15 pax: 30,00 USD / Contact us!
Prices shared transport: * 50.00 S./ Contact us! ✓
Rates trekking guides: » Walking or trekking guide in english 65,00 USD
Private taxi: » Round trip 50,00 USD
Deposit for reservations: * 65.00 USD (57.00 EUR) ✓ Full payment 30 days before. No refund if you cancel less than 20 days!
Trip-code: Number ►PE-000
Duration: 01 day
Participants: Minimal: 2 Maximal: 15 to 20 people +
Members: We have shared transportation so every day there is a group open to join – Contact us!
Country / Location: Northern Peru
Mountain Guide: Edwin Albino Lliuya or Elmer Albino Lliuya
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
3% early bird discount when booking 6 months prior to departure 2023
EZZ Single room supplement
🟢 On this trip, places are still available.
🟡 On this trip, only a few places left.
🔴 This trip is sold out / closed.