Trekking Llanganuco Chinancocha & Orconcocha-over-(3850 m)
Quebrada Llanganuco: It is part of the Huascaran National Park and Biosphere Reserve of Huascaran. Llanganuco Lagoon (which is actually two lakes: the Chinancoha or female or male Orcococha lagoon and lagoon) arises from the melting of snow Ancash most emblematic: the Huascarán and Huandoy. The first lagoon, Chinancocha is 1,450 meters long, 7,393 meters wide and 28 meters from the shores of Chinancocha profundidad.En can be seen queñual trees and cattails and wild ducks. It is the most popular lake and visited by tourists. The second gap, Orcococha, is located at the end of the valley. and it has 910 meters long, 368 meters wide and seven meters deep. Its waters, as well as the Chinancocha, run along the river Ranrahirca to finally join the river Santa.En this second gap can be seen in the patossilvestres as much of the area.
La Quebrada Llanganuco: is a gorge high mountain, 1 glacial formed by the linked doslagunas: Orconcocha and Chinancocha, flanked by snowy mountains Huascaran, Huandoy, Pisco, Chacraraju, Yanapaccha and Chopicallqui (Cordillera Blanca), the path of Maria Josefa and Quebrada demand, part of the Huascaran National Park and biosphere Reserve of Huascaran, located in the Province of Yungay Ancash in Peru.
Day 1: Huaraz (3100 m) - Privat transport to Recuay - Callejón de Huaylas / Campo Santo de Yungay / Quebrada Llanganuco - Lagunas Chinancocha and Orconcocha (3850 m) - Visit Caraz - Return to Huaraz
We pick up you at 9:00 a.m: Tours through the Callejon de Huaylas, passing and appreciating the picturesque Andean villages and the unique beauty of the Cordilleras Blanca (observe the Nevado Huascaran, the highest mountain of Peru) and the Cordillera Negra. Visit the provinces of Carhuaz (tasting natural fruit ice cream and liquor), Mancos, Yungay (Campo Santo of Yungay and New Yungay), and finally up to the Huascaran National Park, the main attraction of this trip the famous Llanganuco ; Chinancocha and Orconcocha (3850 m), make a little walk around the two lakes contemplating the majesty of the Huascaran, Yanapaccha, Pisco and Huandoy and the flora and fauna surrounding this gap. We reach Caraz, visit the small factories of dairy products and other products of the region as blancmange, fruit ice cream and liqueur, honey, jelly, cheese, butter, ham legs of pork, breads special, etc. Return to Huaraz. We will return approximately about at 7:30 pm – Arrival in Huaraz.
Overnight Hotel (-/-/-)
Included meals: B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner
Services included in the prices:
- Transport private to start point to hike and viceverse
- Official trekking guide
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Pick up at your hotel (at 9:00 am aprox)
- First aid kit and oxygen (if necessary)
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Transport public bus or Domestic flight Airline LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima or other hotel
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz or other hotel
- Personal expenses
- Box Lunch (amount depends on you)
- Personal equipment (such as clothes while traveling in the vehicle and hiking. But to be in the sheltered lagoon and hats with earflaps attire is required, hiking shoes, sometimes waterproof/goretex if its rainy season, Sunscreen, Sunglasses, camera, hat or sun hat, sports drinks or water (2 liters approx), etc.)
Prices & Dates
» Rates may vary from July 26th to 31th for the national holidays
Prices (per person):
1 pax: 170,00 USD
2 pax: 85,00 USD
4 pax: 75,00 USD
6 pax: 70,00 USD
8 pax: 65,00 USD
10 pax: 60,00 USD
12 pax: 50,00 USD
14 pax: 45,00 USD
15 pax: 40,00 USD / Contact us!
Prices shared transport: * 50.00 S./ Contact us! ✓
Rates trekking guides: » Walking or trekking guide in english 65,00 USD
Private taxi: » Round trip 80,00 USD
Deposit for reservations: * 65.00 USD (57.00 EUR) ✓ Full payment 30 days before. No refund if you cancel less than 20 days!
Trip-code: Number ►PE-000
Duration: 01 day
Participants: Minimal: 2 Maximal: 15 to 20 people +
Members: We have shared transportation so every day there is a group open to join – Contact us!
Country / Location: Northern Peru
Mountain Guide: Edwin Albino Lliuya or Elmer Albino Lliuya
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
3% early bird discount when booking 6 months prior to departure 2023
EZZ Single room supplement
🟢 On this trip, places are still available.
🟡 On this trip, only a few places left.
🔴 This trip is sold out / closed.