Peru-Expeditions.org is a booking platform ADVENTURE TRAVEL COMPANY that promotes trekking & mountain experiences offered by certified mountain guides and leaders all over the world.
We are a family of mountaineers with headquarters in one of the most visited cities by mountaineers from around the world, the city of Huaraz, better known as the Peruvian Switzerland, this company began in the 1970s, this travel activity began It started thanks to the remembered Mr. Victor Albino who was one of the pioneers and explorers within the Cordillera Blanca, in those years there was no school for mountain guides, travel agencies, tour operators, so Mr. Victor Albino worked those years as a muleteer, muleteer, high mountain porter, cook and also as a mountain guide, then in 1977 Camille Bournissen, Vice-president of the Association of Mountain Guides of Switzerland (AGS) at that time, after visiting the Cordillera Blanca and observing the non-existence of professional guides in the region despite the impressive mountain range and the immense tourist potential of the area, he decides to start the negotiations for the beginning of the training of Mountain Guides in Peru.
With the first course for aspiring guides in 1978, the training of mountain guides began in Peru and therefore also in South America. A year later, the first course for Peruvian guides was held in the Swiss Alps, training sponsored by the AGS.
On October 25, 1980, the Association of Mountain Guides of Peru was officially founded with the initials (AGMP); that same year the agreement with Switzerland for the training of mountain guides, called “ALPES – ANDES” was signed; The purpose of this agreement was to provide advice and technical assistance in the provision of resources and implementation of the national program for the development of mountaineering; the execution of the program would be in charge of the AGS and on the other hand the AGMP, with the active participation of the members of both associations.
Mr. Victor Albino was in the first courses at the guide school as a mountain cook.
His son Juventino Martin Albino Caldua took the mountain course at the guide school in 1981 and in 1982 he graduated as a high mountain guide with international certification as part of the AGMP = ASSOCIATION OF MOUNTAIN GUIDES OF PERU and with The IFMGA membership is an = International Federation of Mountain Guides Associations.
In 2006 his son Eric Raul Albino Lliuya applied and entered as an Aspiring Mountain Guide at the high mountain school CEAM = School of Mountain Guides from Peru, finishing as a graduate in 2008, Mr. Eric Raul Albino Lliuya from a very early age At age he began to travel throughout South America leading international trips as a tour leader and mountain guide with ascents of all the summits of each country, all the trips from 2005 to 2010 he led within South America, Eric Albino in 2010 began his trip to Europe to be able to expand his experience in the alps and climbed the highest peaks in each country such as Austria, Switzerland, Germany, France, Italy, Slovenia, Poland, Holland, Greece, Croatia, and among other countries, within his visit to Europe He learned the German language for this reason the majority of clients that the company has are German, Austrian and Swiss.
With this legacy our company begins to extend its tourist destinations to other countries as a destination within South America and Central America, and at the same time thanks to one of our international partner allies Korobeshko Lyudmila Sergeevna & Abramov Alejandro Viktorovich we offer the trips of the project of the 7 Highest Summits of the 7 continents, and at the same time we offer the 14 highest peaks in the world, for more information you can see it here:
A.- Project of the 7 Summits Club: → www.7vershin.ru
- 1 / 7. Mount Everest (8,848 meters): Asia. …
- 2 / 7. Cerro Aconcagua (6,962 meters): South America. …
- 3 / 7. Mount Denali (6,190 meters): North America. …
- 4 / 7. Mount Kilimanjaro (5,895 meters): Africa. …
- 5 / 7. Mount Elbrús (5,642 meters): Europe. …
- 6 / 7. Vinson Massif (4,892 meters): Antarctica. …
- 7 / 7. Mount Carstensz (4,884 meters): Oceania. …
B.- The project of the 14 highest peaks in the world called “8000 Club” under Direct Alexander Abramov: → www.8000.club
14 Highest Mountains in the World
There are only 14 mountains in the world which are over 8000m / 26247ft above sea level. They are known as the ‘eight-thousanders’. These mountains are all located in the Himalayan and Karakoram mountain ranges – across Nepal, Tibet (China) and Pakistan.
Climbing to the summit of all 14 eight-thousanders is regarded as a mountaineering challenge and as at 2019 only 40 mountaineers have achieved this. The Himalayan Database captures many of these ascents.
So we have created a trekking challenge – to trek to the base camps of the world’s 14 highest mountains over 8000m – Project Base8000 – which in itself is a challenge of high altitude and logistics, even though we will not be climbing to the summits.
You can read more about each mountain, and our perspective as trekkers, by following the links below. We will continue to update these pages as we learn more and progress on our adventure.
The 14 highest mountains in the world, in order of height, are:
- Everest 8848m / 29028ft Himalaya Nepal, China.
- K2 8611m / 28250ft Karakorum Pakistán, China.
- Kanchenjunga 8586m / 28169ft Himalaya Nepal, India.
- Lhotse 8516m / 27940ft Himalaya Nepal, China.
- Makalu 8463m / 27766ft Himalaya Nepal, China.
- Cho Oyu 8201m / 26906ft Himalaya Nepal, China.
- Dhaulagiri 8167m / 26795ft Himalaya, Nepal.
- Manaslu 8163m / 26781ft Himalaya, Nepal.
- Nanga Parbat 8125m / 26660ft Himalaya, Pakistán.
- Annapurna I 8091m / 26545ft Himalaya, Nepal.
- Gasherbrum I 8068m / 26469ft Karakorum, Pakistán, China.
- Broad Peak 8047m / 26400ft Karakorum, Pakistán, China.
- Gasherbrum II 8035m / 26362ft Karakorum, Pakistán, China.
- Shishapangma 8012m / 26285ft Himalaya, China.
The 14 highest peaks in the world, which exceed 8,000 meters in height, were climbed in 6 months and 6 days. What does this Nirmala Purji album mean to us? Everything is expressed in her catchphrase: “Maybe!” The first ascent of the eight thousand (Annapurna) will soon be 70 years old. So it was an incredible achievement, a feat. Now 14 eight thousand is no longer considered an exceptional climbing achievement. And any climber of medium ability who is motivated enough and has free time can put together such a collection. He can set as a goal: to climb all the peaks, he can simply walk one mountain after another and limit himself to the simplest. But the main thing remains – he must be attentive and careful, he must not miss the little things and prepare, train. And it is better to walk safely, with experienced companions, better guides. The snow-capped giants of the Himalayas and Karakoram are fabulously, divinely beautiful, and climbing them is an invaluable and vivid life experience, a whole gamut of emotions that you want to experience again and again. Although it should be remembered and never forgotten: the Himalayas can be completely ruthless and insidious, they can severely punish the slightest laxity or inaccuracy. And sometimes be unfair = Nirmala Purji 14 eight thousand project completed.
Under this experience we continue to take you to your highest personal challenge where you want to go, and under this legacy we continue working for you customers from all over the world, we will continue to improve and we will be ready for any request or inquirí for a trip on behalf of the company. PERU EXPEDITIONS TOURS, thank you very much for traveling with us!.
- Go to Peru-Expeditions.org and search for an activity, location or a combination of both.
- The search engine will display a list of results. You’ll get to browse through the list, compare and choose the best program for you and your group.
- Request to book it straight from the platform. Enter your details (including name, skill level and goals for the trip) and we’ll send the an answer as soon as possible.
- Once you choose the trip, we will charge your credit card and you’ll be all set!
We work only with certified mountain guides and leaders. Most of them are IFMGA-certified, the most rigorous international certification, and others are UIMLA-certified, the most respected certification for mountain leaders. A third group has local/country certifications — this is especially the case for countries where IFMGA is not available.
However, it is your responsibility to verify that the mountain guide you are booking has the necessary qualifications and expertise to guide you. Please refer to our Why hire a mountain guide? page to learn more about mountain guides’ qualifications and certificates. Here you can find our mountain guides: → Peruvian Mountain Guides and South American Guides
We offer many different options to pay for your trip, you can choose the most suitable for you:
- Credit Card: we use Stripe, a widely reputed payment processor, to guarantee that your payment will be secure.
Bank Transfers: You can make a payment to our bank account, for more information here you can find the details of our bank:
Bank Account – Credit Bank of Peru
Full Company Name: GRUPO ALPAMAYO PERU S.R.L
Bank address: Avenida Mariscal Toribio de Luzuriaga 691 – Huaraz, Perú.
Current Account Number in Dollar: 375-2611406-1-25
Swift code: BCPLPEPL
CCI / Interbank Account: 00237500261140612547
More information click here: → See here more detailed Glossary
On the other hand, you can either pay 100% of your trip at once, or pay a 25% deposit and then cancel the difference before the departure date. You can start paying with a credit card and finish with a bank transfer, or vice versa. Also, we offer the option of paying in installments.
If you book your Tour more than 30 days in advance, you will have a 48-hour span after booking to cancel and receive a full refund without any deductions.
After that period of time, if you decide to cancel the Tour, you will have the possibility to do so in accordance with the following indemnity scheme (refunded or to be paid depending on whether the payment was made and received):
- 100% refunded (or 0% paid) if the cancellation is notified in writing by email to us up to 60 days before the first day of the Tour (minus 3% of the amount paid at booking as an administration fee, and the eventual non-reimbursable expenses the our company paid to organize the Tour);
- 75% refunded (or 25% paid) if the cancellation is notified in writing by email to our office between 59 and 30 days before the first day of the Tour (minus 3% of the amount paid at booking as an administration fee, and the eventual non-reimbursable expenses the our company paid to organize the Tour);
- 50% refunded (or 50% paid) if the cancellation is notified in writing by email to our company between 29 and 21 days before the first day of the Tour (minus 3% of the amount paid at booking as an administration fee, and the eventual non-reimbursable expenses our company paid to organize the Tour);
- 0% refunded (or 100% paid) if the cancellation is notified in writing by email to our company less than 21 days before the first day of the Tour
Non-refundable fees that will be discounted from the refund include:
- Administration fee: 3% of the total price of the Tour.
- Service fee: 3% of the total price of the Tour.
- The eventual non-reimbursable expenses the Guide paid to organize the Tour (accommodation, administration expenses, salaries, porters, food, etc.), to be defined by our company at the moment of the client’s request for cancellation.
- Credit Card fee: approximately 1,6% of the amount paid by credit card.
- Any other fee that had been clearly mentioned to the client as non-refundable before the client booked.
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force our company to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), the cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client). Under exceptional circumstances, the guide could, however, decide at his sole discretion to refund the client (minus the transaction fee).
The 3% customer service fee paid at the moment of the booking is non-refundable. It is advisable to have an insurance policy that covers cancellations.
Take into account, however, that if accommodation, flights or transfers were included in the trip you booked, then a different policy may apply as the guide will be bound by the provider’s cancellation policy.
The standard Peru-Expeditions.org cancellation policy will apply to all bookings made from April 2023 onwards unless otherwise stated.
If bad weather or unsuitable conditions force the guide to cancel the trip, he or she will: a) propose a similar activity at a different place where conditions are better, or b) propose to postpone the activity until a later date, or c) cancel. If you refuse option a), our cancellation policy will apply. Please note, however, that the call to cancel a trip due to bad weather can only be made by the guide (not the client).
If one of the countries where we offer our travel destination has a war problem, political crisis, the rebound of the covid19 pandemic and among other problems, you will get a 100% refund on your trip.
Yes. If you are looking for a specific program but can’t find it on Peru-Expeditions.org, write to our main office so one travel specialist coordinators and we will do our best to provide you with the tour you are looking for in order to provide you with the tour you desire. Remember that we can prepare your trip according to your preferences. We do Tailor-Made travel | Intrepid Travel = We mean “We don’t sell tours, we provide memorable lifetime experiences.”
10. Will I be able to discuss my itinerary / suitability for the trip with with a professional travel advisor before paying?
Yes. After you request to book a trip, you’ll have the chance to ask professional travel advisor any questions you may have before we charge your credit card. For all your questions or doubts, the person responsible for the trip will be the experienced mountain guide in trips to South America, Central America & Europe, Mr. Eric Raul Albino Lliuya, here you can see more details of our professional advisor: Our Mountain Guide – Tour Leader & Managing Director → Eric’s Full Bio, You can also see his experiences with more details of the mountains he has climbed and knows during his career as a climber and Peruvian high mountain guide. → To see all the details of the routes click here please.
We can sometimes adapt to our programs to satisfy our client’s wishes. Request to book the trip you are interested in and you’ll have the chance to discuss the changes once you are in contact with someone of our adventure travel company.
With the travel advisor Mr. Eric Raul Albino Lliuya, for better communication you could make an appointment and talk via phone call with all your questions, Eric will be very happy and delighted to talk about your trip.
Some we some offer group departures that you can join, others don’t. This information is usually available in the trip’s description but, if it isn’t, you can always ask one of our travel advisor coordinators.