Choose the best hike to the to Machu Picchu. Tierras Vivas offer two service to the Inca Trail private or group (Budget Travel), which one do you prefer? What is the difference between them?.
The Inca Trail is only a trail to Machu Picchu, but there are different campsite. Tierras Vivas was created to provide an excellent service for tourists to experience the adventure of the Inca Trail, no matter which you prefer Superior or a Budget tour.
Inca Trail – Private Service
The Superior Inca Trail offers clients the opportunity to experience much of the Luxury Inca trail without some of the major additional costs. Inca Trail 4 Days U$ 750.
- Our tents are of the brand MOUNTAIN PASS 3XTEdesignated for 4 seasons. We provide with 3 person capacity tents; however, just 2 trek participants use it! In this way, we provide you more space and comfort
- It is all-inclusive camping equipment, such as sleeping bag, inflatable mattress (thermarest mattress -an inflatable mattress to sleep more comfortably), pillow, blanket,
- Duffel bag for your clothes, rain poncho and daypack
- Hiking poles
- All meet according your itinerary
- Professional Guide English or Spanish and Professional chef
- Extra porter: Our porter will carry your personal belonging 7 kg included clothes and sleeping roll mattress and sleeping bag
- Snack every morning and afternoon tea.
- We pick you up from your hotel between 5:00 am – 5:30 am.
- Early tourist train EXPEDITION, you can choose your train early or late (14:55 pm or 18:20)
- Private tourist transportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco. Our driver will drop-off in your hotel
- When you arrive to Machu Picchu, our guide will provide the bus going down from Machu Pichu to Aguas Calientes
- Tierras Vivas is tour operator guaranteed. the minimun is 2 people and maximun 8 people.
Inca Trail Campsite
- Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Km 82 (Head trail) – Ayapata campsite or Llulluchapampa (Walking 8 hrs)
- Ayapata – Warmiwañusca (dead women pass) – Pacaymayu campsite (Walking 6 hrs).
- Pacaymayu – Phuyupatamarca – Wiñaywayna (Walking 5 hrs)
- Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu (Walking 4 hrs)
Inca Trail Group Tours
All Inca Trail companies in Cusco offers these services and the price is expensive!.
This package is a nice alternative between the basic equipment trip and the Superior Inca Trail. Inca Trail 4 Days U$ 650. Inca Trail group service.
- Double tent for 2 people
- All meals according your itinerary
- Included the sleeping roll mattres (It is not inflatable)
- We pick you up from your hotel at 7:00 – 7:30 am
- Professsional guide belingual English and Spanish and professional Chef.
- Porters: They will carry your all camping equipment such tent and food, you will need to carry your personal beloging + Sleeping and Sleeping roll matttress.
- Tourist train service EXPEDITION at 20:20 or 19:00
- Tourist trasnportation from Ollantaytambo to Cusco. The driver will drop-off near to the main square
- On the last day, you wil need to walk down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes. In case you want to take the bus, you will need to pay U$ 12 dolars extra
- We will help to book your Inca Trail with a local tour operator in Cusco – the Departure Guaranteed. In case we have 6 people or more, Tierras Vivas will operatore the Inca Trail, please contact with our sales department.
What do you need to rent or bring on the Inca Trail Cheaper?
- Sleeping bag (- 5 grades)
- Extra porters . U$ 130
- Hiking poles
- Inflatable mattress in case you want to sleeping confort
- Daypack for your personal belonging, it is very important 42 litter, because you will need to carry your sleeping bag, mattress and clothes.
- A shuttle bus down from Machu Picchu to Aguas Calientes Town
Inca Trail Campsite
- Cusco – Ollantaytambo – Km 82 (Head trail) – Wallaybamba (Walking 6 hrs)
- Wayllabamba – Warmiwañusca (dead women pass) – Chaquicocha campsite (Walking 10 hrs).
- Chaquicocha – Phuyupatamarca campsite or Wiñaywayna (Walking 7 hrs)
- Phuyupatamarca or Wiñaywayna – Machu Picchu (Walking 4 hrs)
Alternative Tours to Inca Trail
Many are the routes that take you to Machu Picchu, but none is like the Inca Trail Tours, the most famous pedestrian path in the Americas. After flying from the capital of Perú, Lima, you will arrive in Cusco to walk for four days along a path through forests and dense fog, millenary stone steps and discovering the ruins of ancient fortifications and Inca cities, and all the time enjoying majestic views.
- Salkantay Trek
- 5 Day Inca Trail
- Inca Quarry Trail4 Days
- 2 Day Inca Trail Tour
- 2 Day Inca Trail with Camping
- 3 Day Inca Trail
- Vilcabamba Hike to Machu Picchu 6 days
- Choquequirao trek to Machu Picchu 9 days
- Ausangate trek 7 days
If you want to visit Machu Picchu, we recommend you to book your Machu Picchu Ticket in advance, so you will enjoy your Vacation in Machu Picchu without any problem.
When is the best season to hike the Inca Trail?
The best season is during the dry season, which covers the months April to the end of September. In October the rains begin and you can find Machu Picchu covered by clouds. If you travel in June, we recommend you to book the Inti Raymi 2023 Tour that takes place in June 24th, and also hike the Palcoyo Mountain Tour, which is an incredible Rainbow Mountain located in the Andes.