Cordillera Vilcanota Expeditions to Nevados Campa (5485 m) & Ausangate (6385 m)
About Nevado Ausangate: (Quechua: Awsanqati) is a mountain of the Willkanuta mountain range in the Andes of Peru. With an elevation of 6,384 metres it is situated around 100 kilometres southeast of Cusco. The mountain has significance in Incan mythology. Every year the Quyllur Rit’i (Quechua for “star snow”) festival which attracts thousands of Quechua pilgrims is celebrated about 20 km north of the Ausangate at the mountain Qullqipunku.
It takes place one week before the Corpus Christi feast. The region is inhabited by llama and alpaca herding communities, and constitutes one of the few remaining pastoralist societies in the world. High mountain trails are used by these herders to trade with agricultural communities at lower elevations. Currently, one of these trails, “the road of the Apu Ausangate”, is one of the most renowned treks in Peru.
The area has four major geological features, the Andean uplift formed by Granits, the hanging glaciers and glacial erosional valleys, the Permian formation with its singular colors: red, ochre, and turquoise and the Cretaceous, limestone forests.
The name of the mountain Kitarahu correlates with the name of the nearby lake Kitaqucha (Quechua for storage lake, hispanicized Quitacocha).
Cordillera Vilcanota: is located in Peru east of Cusco in the Cusco Region and in the Puno Region. It extends between 13°39′ and 14°29’S and 70°31′ and 71°20’W for about 80 km. It is made up of 469 glaciers.
To the east the rivers San Gabán and Azángaro are the natural boundary which separates it from the Kallawaya range. The La Raya range near the La Raya pass is sometimes included or listed separately.
Included meals: B=breakfast; L=lunch; D=dinner
Services included in the prices:
- Peruvian qualified and experienced local guide/s
- All meals during the tour
- Camping tents (2 persons)
- Porters Nevado Pisco (2 pax 1 porter)
- Kitchen equipment
- Donkey driver and donkeys
- Transportation as tour schedule / Huaraz
- International flights to Lima / Peru round trip
- Transfer from the airport for bookings of individual flights with different times of arrival / departure
- Exit tax at the airport in Lima
- Travel accident and health insurance
- Luggage insurance and trip cancellation
- Meals in restaurants in Lima and Huaraz
- Personal expenses
- Acclimatization Tour in Cusco Region
- Entrance fees to the Huascaran National Park
- Transfer from the Hotel to the airport and bus station
- Domestic flight Airline ticket LC-Peru
- Hotel Casa Andina 2 nights in Lima
- Hotel San Sebastián 4 nights in Huaraz
- Pick up at the airport in Lima to the Hotel
- Personal equipment (such as boots, ice ax, crampons, harness, sleeping bag, mat, Goretex, etc.)
Prices & Dates
From / To
14.05. – 24.06.2023
» Additional dates available upon request
» Rates may vary from July 26th to 31th for the national holidays
Prices (per person): * 1.850,00 USD (900,00 EUR) / Contact us! ✓
Deposit for reservations: * 1.000,00 USD (900,00 EUR) ✓ Full payment 40 days before. No refund if you cancel less than 30 days!
Trip-code: Number ►PE-000
Duration: 11 days
Participants: Minimal: 2 Maximal: 12
Members: We don’t have an open group to join – We can open a new group – Contact us!
Country / Location: Northern Peru
Mountain Guide: Juventino Albino Caldua
Other dates / additional info: Contact us!
3% early bird discount when booking 6 months prior to departure 2023
EZZ Single room supplement
🟢 On this trip, places are still available.
🟡 On this trip, only a few places left.
🔴 This trip is sold out / closed.